Saturday, November 17, 2012

leather neck

Since I don't have enough to do the weekend before Thanksgiving, besides: laundry, packing, finding a Birthday present for my newest nephew, picking up a delicious pie to travel with us (see next post), finally booking our hotels, church, fitting in several friend, husband and double dates, not to mention working until midnight the night before we leave...I have decided to start on some new necklaces for my leather-based jewelry line, the leather nest. 

You may think it's crazy to try to squeeze in yet another thing into the next two days, but when the creative bug bites, you just have to go with it.  So , I have.  But for me, it's not work- it's actually pretty fun because I design for myself first meaning I don't make anything I wouldn't wear or buy as a present for someone else. 

That's why the jewelry is my favorite! I have been obsessed with chevrons lately (like many others obviously) so I have been having a lot of fun creating new chevron-based designs out of leather.  To give you a hint at what's new to come, be prepared to see some neon paired with leather and some dramatic statement piece necklaces and bracelets.  Here are two of my current necklaces to give you a feel for my aesthetic. 


 This is my leather stacked necklace and my free falling chevron necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment